What do I have to do?
In the midst of this devastating coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, the song is being used to launch the “We are the World Challenge”. We are asking people to sing (or dance to) a part of the song’s chorus and share it on social media using #wearetheworldchallenge #NYC #Italy #Spain #CityorCountry #amelienyc and nominate others to partake in this challenge. Challenge videos and support will be featured on here, where many will sing the chorus together hoping individuals, companies, and counties globally come together. Many of Amelie’s family members are frontline healthcare professionals and being from Queens, they are seeing first hand the effects of the Covid-19 pandemic.
1. Film yourself doing the challenge!
- lip sync (check out our TikTok feed @wearetheworldchallenge and duet them)
- play an instrument
Chorus (you can sing more than the chorus if you wish but this is the only require part) to be sang by individuals or groups:
“We are the world
We are the children
We are the ones to make a brighter day, so let’s start giving.”
“There’s a choice we’re making
We’re saving our own lives
It’s true we make better days, just you and me.”
2. Post your creation
- You can post it on instagram and tag us: @wearetheworldchallenge
- You can post on TikTok and tag us: @wearetheworldchallenge
- You can post on Twitter and tag us: @challenge_world
3. Send us your work
- We will be sure to credit and tag you on our account if we re-post
- We might just feature your video on this website
- You will be putting smiles on essential workers’, healthcare heroes’, and patients’ faces
If you’re not a fan of singing or dancing, feel free to just donate! All donations will be sent to legitimate, worthy foundations where we know they will spend your donations wisely.
Support us by buying the song! The song is only 99 cents.